Last Updated: March 2, 2018
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website.
Please note that this Privacy Notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the Soundways website at www.soundcredit.com and www.sound.credit. To learn what additional data we collect from you when you use our services and software, please see the software License Agreement during installation.
1. Data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address, physical address or phone number.
Account Information: If you open a account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your account.
Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service including survey responses.
Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored at Soundways.
Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
Provide Soundways services and customer support.
Collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
2. Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you:
With our service providers: Companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
With your service providers: Companies under contract with, or acting on your behalf, who handle data on your behalf.
With our subsidiaries, data subscribers and related companies: Companies may subscribe to the data collected by Sound Credit for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to populating song information fields, analyzing the music industry and examining trends.
In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Soundways, our affiliates or any other third party.
In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
We also share technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated information to third parties.
3. Cookies and related technologies
4. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
Our retargeting campaign supplier is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
Our retargeting campaign supplier complies with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
Our retargeting campaign supplier complies with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
Our retargeting campaign supplier adheres to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): Our ad retargeting supplier responds to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, they will not link data collected to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
You can request that we stop email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact email@example.com.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Data retention
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
7. International transfers
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws. For example, if we transfer your information from the European Economic Area to a country outside it, such as the United States, we will seek to take additional steps such as entering into EU compliant data transfer agreements with the data importer where necessary.
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
9. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with Soundways generally, you can contact email@example.com.
Welcome to the Soundways Terms of Service for Sound Credit
Last Updated: March 2, 2018
Restrictions on Use. You may not: (i) use, copy, modify, translate, merge or create derivative works of the Website; (ii) disable or circumbent any licensing control feature in the Website; (iii) reverse-engineer, disassemble or decompile the Website or otherwise attempt to access or determine its underlying source code, underlying ideas, underlying user interface techniques or algorithms, or permit any such actions, as applicable; (iv) sell, distribute, lend, sublicense, rent or lease all or any portion of the Website; (v) use the Website on a service bureau or time- share basis or as an application service provider unless expressed in writing by Soundways; (vi) host, virtualize or otherwise provide access to or enable use of the Website by any individual(s) not permitted to use the Website; (vii) use the Website to develop or enhance any product that competes, directly or indirectly with the products and services offered by Soundways, in Soundway’s determination; (vii) remove the copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary rights or notices included within the Website, as applicable; (ix) use the Website in any way that would infringe any Intellectual Property Right of third parties; or (x) use the Website in a manner that would violate any law applicable to you or Soundways.
- Termination. Upon termination by either party of this Agreement, your use and access to the Website is automatically terminated unless otherwise agreed to by Soundways in writing.
- User Contributions on the Website.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. Your use of the Website, Soundways content and any content from the Sound Credit products or service, is at your own risk. The Website and Soundways content are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any warranties of any kind. Further, Soundways disclaims all warranties of any kind express, implied or statutory (including those by Soundway’s suppliers), including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non- infringement or quiet enjoyment, as well as any warranties that the Website will be free of interruptions or errors. Soundways shall not be liable for unauthorized access to or alteration, theft or destruction of your data, files, programs, procedures or information through accident, fraudulent means or devices, or any other method. The Website may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. Soundways is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures or other damage resulting from such problems or any other problems.
- Forward Looking Statements.
- Certain Soundways content may contain statements related to Soundways’ business plans and strategies, its product pipelines and factors that may affect them. All such statements and all other statements that are not statements of historical fact are known as “forward-looking statements”. Forward-looking statements are based on the current expectations and assumptions of Soundways’ management, and are, therefore, subject to certain risks and uncertainties. A variety of factors, many of which are beyond Soundways’ control, could affect Soundways’ operations, performance, business strategy and results in a manner that could cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Soundways to be materially different from those projected, implied or assumed in connection with the forward-looking statements or anticipated on the basis of historical trends. Although Soundways believes that the forward-looking statements are reasonable, in light of the fact that they involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, Soundways’ actual performance results and/or course of action may be materially different from those projected, anticipated, implied or assumed by the forward- looking statements.
- Soundways strives to continually improve its products. Should Soundways content ever contain the Soundways roadmap (including statements about product development initiatives, new products and future product upgrades, updates, releases, plans to add credits, enhancements) such content merely outlines our general product direction and are thus for informational purposes only. The Soundways roadmap should not be relied upon in making a decision to enter into a business arrangement with Soundways, including a purchasing decision, and shall not be incorporated into any contract or commitment. Soundways, in its sole discretion, may change the Soundways roadmap for any reason, at any time, and shall incur no liability in doing so. The Soundways roadmap is not a condition to, nor is it a part of, your purchase of any software licenses or services or other decision to enter into a business arrangement with Soundways.